The project mariner advisor is to provide marine advise to the project team. They shall assist in ensuring vessels are properly assessed, maintained and suitable for the proposed works and marine operations are planned and executed in accordance with project standards. They shall understudy Project Mariners with the goal of developing their experience, skills and competencies
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide marine expertise to the management of the offshore installation activities, selection and suitability of marine spread in accordance with project and regional marine standards.
- Participates in regular site inspections, vessel assurance and auditing task for the project marine spread.
- Monitor’s vessel performance and conformance to ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of CLIENT procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Provides support to offshore operations during critical installation activities, commissioning, and mobilisation periods.
- Leads the review and approval process for project documentation involving marine operations.
- Manages the Self Verification and Oversight (SV&O) process on auxiliary vessels.
- Following confirmation from asset team, provide return to work assurance after marine spread incident or break down.
- Review and approves Contractor and Vessel Owner marine key personnel.
·Ensure compliance of marine spread to Class, Flag, SOLAS and applicable codes and standards.
- Ensures that all marine audits and resulting actions are tracked using the company provided system.
- Ensure marine spread is manned adequately and maintained operationally.
- Ensure risks (and RAPs) related to marine vessels are mitigated through specific mitigations and action plans.
Academic / Experience requirements
- Class 1 Master Mariner or Class 1 Engineer certificate.
- At least 5 years’ experience of marine operations in offshore industry.
- Extensive knowledge of towing and anchor handling operations.
- Proficient in computer use and Microsoft Office.
Preferred additional requirements
- DP operator certified
- OVID registered surveyor
- Performance management of Contractor marine team
- Performance management of vessel’s Owner with regards to vessel compliance and adequate manning of the marine spread
- Monitor contractor’s reporting and investigate any anomalies
- Ensure that lessons learned are appropriately considered in the selection and management of the marine spread
- Review installation contractor’s technical proposals for marine operations and off-shore spread specifications to ensure they meet the requirements for offshore installation activities.
- Create and encourage teamworking and harmony.
- Ensure liaison with vessel crew is maintained and their input maximised.
- Lead by example in HSE, Quality and open communication with team and Contractors.
- Provide input to Assurance Manager Risk Register.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Develops the safety and risk management skills of the Marine Asset team.
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards of CLIENT and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Speaks out when seeing something is not right and is prepared to say “no” or “stop” when necessary.
- Recognizes and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Develops trust from others by delivering on accountabilities
- Familiar with site construction activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator (written and oral).
- Tactful and persuasive
- A Team Player