Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to find a Mechanical Technician to work on a 12-month contract in Portland, OR.
The main function of a mechanical technician is to modify, test and repair machinery and equipment under direction of engineering staff or physical scientists. A mechanical technician helps engineers design, test, and manufacture industrial machinery, consumer products and other equipment.
- Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet or wood shops.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems such as redesign.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections.
- Inspect lines and figures for clarity and return erroneous drawings to designer for correction.
- Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability. Team player and detail oriented. Basic ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Basic ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications. Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
- Associate degree in engineering technology or related field required.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.