Our client, a major Refinery, is looking for a CAD Operator to work on a 12-months assignment in Pascagoula, MS.
CAD Operators work in support of the Designs Engineering, Fixed Equipment Reliability, Maintenance, and Operations groups in preparation and delivery of electronic drawing updates.
- In coordination with engineers and other designers, will produce as-built drawings, construction installation details, and equipment arrangements using AutoCAD software.
- To develop and modify electronic drawings as a result of project completion, shutdown scope completion, and/or process safety study.Review the drawings, merge or create new drawings, and issue these drawings for record in the drawing management system by the required deadline set by the team leader and customer.
- Completes tasks on-time and provides updates daily to team leader and customers on the status of tasks.
- Work closely with the team leader, designers, and engineers in recommending the best use of CAD tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with CAD tools.
- Perform thorough quality reviews of project turnover drawings to ensure drawings meet the minimum requirements for uploading to the drawing management system.
- Read and interpret redlined drawings from technical and maintenance support teams, and operations.
- Provide support in the management and storage of drawings within the drawing management system on-site.
- Provide laser scanning support to designer’s projects and engineering for equipment V&V’s.
- Minimum of 5 years of AutoCAD experience required, preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents such as drawings, sketches, 3D models, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in recent versions of AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in other relevant software such as SmartPlant and/or CADWorx.
- Ability to perform laser scanning and registering of laser scan data.
- Able to perform field visits for field verification of equipment, instruments, etc. for drawing updates.
- High school diploma or GED required.