Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Major Maintenance Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Belle Chasse, LA for a long-term assignment.
- The Major Maintenance Coordinator working with the Special Projects Superintendent, will have overall responsibility for all field execution related activities for major maintenance projects. This will include assisting the development of the execution Plan, identifying any deviations from the agreed scope or premises of the project, assessing their impact and ensuring remedial action during the planning and execution phase.
- The Major Maintenance Coordinator plays a key project team integration role and is expected to be knowledgeable across all functional areas of the project component for which they are assigned.
- Should bring specialist skills in the bidding and award process and be competent in supervising all work associated with the assigned object(s) at both Contractor offices and at the Construction field offices.
- During the construction phase the Major Maintenance Coordinator, coordinates permitting activities, participates in Project Risk Management process and manages the Contractors efforts. The successful candidate will lead a multi-discipline team and other functional specialists as required and conduct all supervisory and motivational duties for the assigned team.
- The Major Maintenance Coordinator is accountable for the safety, quality, integrity, timely completion and cost of the project. This includes participation with the Special Projects Superintendent on assembly of the necessary project team Construction and Quality Control expertise, constructability reviews during design phase, tender and award of equipment, materials and fabrication contracts, contractor selection and prequalification, mobilization of personnel to site(s), ongoing management and supervision of construction through construction completion and preparation for commissioning.
- Development of the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed.
- Influencing design engineering work to ensure an executable plan. This includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging / heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions.
- Implementing all logistical plans with mobilizing site teams, including offices, Information Technology, transportation and accommodation arrangements, emergency evacuation procedures, medical and recreational facilities.
- Pre-qualifying candidate fabricators / contractors and major package assembly sites.
- Participating in bid clarification and kick-off meetings. Compiling fabrication scopes of work for contract documentation, specifies tender requirements and reviews draft contract terms.
- Leads bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts. Implementing site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff. Implementing site QA/QC Management Systems; utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
- Reviewing and providing input to Special Projects Superintendent of contractor's schedules and planning basis (norms). Ensuring veracity of progress statements. Specifying and negotiating progress recovery measures with contractor as appropriate.
- Assisting Special Projects Superintendent in specifying and securing approval for site team budget.
- Five to ten (5-10) years’ experience in project construction / coordination in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation, though other industry major industrial construction experience may qualify.
- Construction Management / Coordination experience or equivalent training or education.
- Team player with proven management and staff leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of all relevant engineering and construction codes and standards.
- Extensive Fireproofing, Painting, and Structural knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with the following, with or without reasonable accommodation: Work overtime as needed. Work outside. Wear personal protective equipment such as fire-retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection. Climb various ladders and stairs to coordinate tasks.
- 3 or more years of experience in industrial maintenance, rotating equipment, crafts, shops and/or instrumentation in a pipeline work environment.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word, Microsoft Projects, SAP & P6.
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
Work Schedule: 5 days a week/ 40 hours