Our major client in Oil and Gas industry, is seeking a Major Maintenance Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Belle Chasse, Louisiana.
- The Major Maintenance Coordinator may be responsible for; Development of the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed.
- Influencing design engineering work to ensure an executable plan. This includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging / heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions.
- Implementing all logistical plans with mobilizing site teams, including offices, Information Technology, transportation and accommodation arrangements, emergency evacuation procedures, medical and recreational facilities.
- Pre-qualifying candidate fabricators / contractors and major package assembly sites.
- Participating in bid clarification and kick-off meetings.
- Compiling fabrication scopes of work for contract documentation, specifies tender requirements and reviews draft contract terms.
- Leads bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts. Implementing site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff.
- Implementing site QA/QC Management Systems; utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
- Reviewing and providing input to Special Projects Superintendent of contractor's schedules and planning basis (norms).
- Ensuring veracity of progress statements.
- Specifying and negotiating progress recovery measures with contractor as appropriate.
- Assisting Special Projects Superintendent in specifying and securing approval for site team budget.
- Five to ten (5-10) years’ experience in project construction / coordination in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation, though other industry major industrial construction experience may qualify.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with the following, with or without reasonable accommodation: Work overtime as needed. Work outside. Wear personal protective equipment such as fire-retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection. Climb various ladders and stairs to coordinate tasks.
- 1 or more years of experience in industrial maintenance, rotating equipment, crafts, shops and/or instrumentation in a pipeline work environment.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word, Microsoft Projects, SAP & P6.
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
Work Schedule: 4 days a week/ 10 hours per day - May be required to work overtime and on weekend projects