Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Maintenance Superintendent to join them in Schiedam, the Netherlands, on a 1-year contract.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Promote safety awareness and application of company Management System and prime policies
- Ensure change management procedures are applied properly.
- Contribute effectively to incident investigation, review and reporting.
- Manage the operation of the vessel systems at department level through supervisors and subordinate staff
- Ensure probationary and annual appraisals are completed fairly and consistently in timely manner.
- Ensure efficient operation of unit systems having due regard for Health and safety.
- Manage operations in conjunction with all department heads to maximize efficiency and cost awareness
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential impact of incidents and scenarios on vessel safety and security.
- Proven experience and results-oriented career AND/OR HND or Degree equivalents in appropriate engineering
- Subject, or STCW Reg. AIII/2 Chief Engineer unlimited (motor and steam endorsement preferred) or equivalent.
- 2 years minimum as Maintenance Superintendent (or Operations Office based equivalent).
- Experience and knowledge of Safety Management in hydrocarbon processing operations.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utility systems, preferred.
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication in English.
- Good knowledge and skill with ‘Maintenance System’ interface.