Airswift is seeking a Maintenance Specialist - Crane Equipment Engineer to work on a 6-month contract in Aberdeen.
- They will be the focal point for all maintenance activities related to pedestal cranes and mechanical handling equipment.
- This will include all maintenance planning, performance, and execution support to sites across Production & Operations to ensure mechanical handling equipment reliability & availability is maximized to ensure safe, repeatable, compliant and efficient lifting operations.
- They will Identify maintenance risks, intervene and escalate potential issues before they impact safety or business performance.
- They will also facilitate and drive continual improvement to maintenance strategies, maintenance metrics, trending & reporting to close gaps and maximise opportunities.
- Identify mechanical handling maintenance risks, intervenes & escalates potential issues before they impact safety or business performance
- Consolidates and collates mechanical handling maintenance performance data from across P&O.
- Works in partnership to cause corrective actions to deliver efficiency gains without compromising safety, risk management and compliance
- Implementation, integration & improvement of maintenance strategies and implementation programmes
- Identifies equipment criticality
- Provides ‘flow to work’ SME support to emergent maintenance activities where approved by the Senior Lifting Engineer
- Performs duties of mechanical handling equipment owner, related to maintenance strategies and equipment performance
- Provides lifting equipment integrity, from initial purchase specification through equipment’s life cycle
- Provides deep technical support across P&O and confirms regulatory requirements and all relevant maintenance standards are applied
- Endorsement of lifting plans, prepared by others
- Verifies competency of maintenance personnel and contractors performing mechanical handling maintenance related activities
- Provides direction and SME support to maintenance related learnings and investigations
- Significant experience of pedestal crane maintenance, including preventative maintenance routines, work deferrals, work execution & work prioritisation
- Significant experience and understanding of pedestal crane systems, including PLC systems, hydraulics, hoist winches, pumps, motors, hoist ropes, diesel engines, instrumentation and control/safety systems
- Significant relevant experience and proven track record in mechanical handling maintenance activities associated with major offshore operating production facilities
- Relevant experience of offshore pedestal crane operations.
- Significant relevant knowledge of pedestal crane and lifting national and international legislation, regulations, standards and practices
- Relevant experience of lifting equipment purchase, testing, inspection and maintenance.
- Relevant understanding of performance standards and barrier health