Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for ensuring that all turnaround and outage activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- This position will additionally support the overall management and execution of maintenance turnarounds and outages while ensuring the proper coordination of all planning, scheduling and execution of turnaround and outage work scope to ensure a totally integrated plan and schedule.
- Lead and drive the execution of established contracting strategies and contractor selection process.
- Coordinate with other departments e.g. operations, procurement, engineering, safety etc to ensure an integrated planning effort.
- Verify that all contractor work is performed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Coordinate all planning and cost controls associated with the execution of turnaround and outage maintenance work.
- Review and track actual labor, material, and equipment cost against plan or budget.
- Report and explain variances.
- Regularly communicate work progress, activities, plans, concerns and questions with Turnaround Manager.
- Act as a focal point to identify work scope for all mechanical, instrumental, electrical and machinery work.
- Focal point for turnaround field effort to ensure effective communications and cooperation between owner and contractors.
- Monitor effective and optimum utilization of company and contractor resources.
- Provide assistance to contractor supervision as it relates to standard procedures, work sequence, equipment locations etc.
- Review upcoming work schedules to resolve any potential problems/conflicts.
- Participate in the post-turnaround evaluation meeting.
- Ensure all post turnaround activities are scheduled with a completion date and responsibilities assigned.
- Proficiency in SAP.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects safely, on time and on budget.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company and contract personnel.