Position Title: Maintenance Planner - Mechanical
- Location: Chemical client's facility in Plaquemine, LA
- Type: Contract
- Duration: 12+ months
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Planner role is to improve maintenance work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of manpower, parts/material, and equipment access. The planner will also develop, implement, and maintain preventive and predictive maintenance initiatives and maintain the SAP maintenance system.
- With your Engineering degree and/or experience in maintenance/operations you will generate detailed job plans (description/scope, resources, parts/materials, costing). Providing technical guidance to craftsmen.
- Interface with vendors and contractors to support maintenance activities.
- Process purchase requisitions and purchase orders for parts and services, reference technical standards for job requirements, with understanding safety permits and procedures relative to maintenance and contractor activities.
- Work closely with other departments to execute maintenance activities in a safe, efficient manner to meet the site’s business objectives.
- Support the plant Project Engineers with the implementation of new projects, ensuring that the project aligns with current maintenance processes.