Our major clients in O&G industry is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic, to work on an open-ended contract in Stratford, CT
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner and complies with all safety rules and policies including those for PPE use.
- Understands and executes standard operating procedures related to the repair and modification of plant facilities including but not limited to; production equipment, instrumentation, office equipment, and plant physical facilities.
- Performs welding, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and other trade functions.
- Orders receive and store spare parts, maintains plant spare parts inventory systems.
- Assists in troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Reviews the maintenance worklists/ work order lists and carries out all job assignments.
- Completes all required maintenance logs and maintenance forms & paperwork
- Follows plant preventative maintenance programs and mechanical integrity programs.
- Performs instrument calibrations as required
- Paints and labels piping, vessels, and areas of the building as instructed.
- Maintains the grounds surrounding the plant by cutting weeds, trimming bushes, picking up trash, etc.
- Follows all safety procedures in the containing and cleaning up of any small (<5 gallons) spills of hazardous materials.
- Assists production, shipping & receiving when needed and assists all other departments to ensure overall plant performance.
- Manufacturing experience is a must
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 5-7 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment required. 2-3 years previous experience in a chemical environment preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently and efficiently and organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and react well under pressure.
- Ability to compute and record data accurately.
- Excellent communication