Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to work within their company located in Nipton, CA for a 12 months assignment.
- Install, maintain, test, inspect and repair generating station equipment such as, boilers, turbines, pumps, valves, heat exchangers, vessels and a variety of utility vehicles.
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures and provide recommendations and findings to supervisor.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance plans on mechanical equipment including PdM activities.
- Replace packing in pumps and valves, bearings, shaft seals, sleeves, seats and other miscellaneous parts used in plant equipment.
- Uses gas and/or arc welding equipment to perform mechanical repairs and fabricate plant equipment.
- Perform basic machining operations.
- Clean pipes and perform other plumbing and pipe fitting tasks.
- Sets up rigging for installing/removing equipment.
- Specify and/or order proper materials for job completion.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and identify parts and spares requirements.
- Complete required records and document work performed.
- Perform routine cleaning of work area.
- Recognize safety hazards and follow safety guidelines.
- Remove and replace insulation materials on pumps, heaters, tanks, turbines, lines, valves, etc.
- Knowledgeable of environmental rules and regulations and effectively apply them to all work situations.
- Assist in providing skill enhancement training to other personnel.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management and other personnel
- Ability to perform basic mathematics to calculate measurements and computations needed for repair and maintenance of power plant equipment.
- Ability to follow, interpret and act on written and verbal job instructions and reports, technical manuals and data.
- Ability to perform work from elevated platforms, catwalks and supports at various heights up to 450 feet.
- Ability to crawl into and perform work in tight or confined places.
- Advanced mechanical ability regarding rotating machinery to include pump/motor alignments, bearing installations
- Basic knowledge of rotating equipment and knowledge of general maintenance activities and procedures including ultrasonic greasing, performance of oil changes, vibration monitoring, etc.
- Ability to use such hand tools as torque / manual wrenches, screwdrivers, sledge-hammers, etc.
- Ability to operate Company vehicles and equipment (e.g. forklift, man-lift, crane, etc.) and maintain operating licenses and certifications.
- Ability to operate machine shop equipment such as drill presses, lathes and boring mills.
- Ability to lift, carry and position such items as large chain falls, slugging wrenches and various equipment (can weigh up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to climb ladders to rig heavy chain falls, use air impact wrenches, heavy equipment and parts in awkward positions, swing various weights of sledge-hammers, stoop and bend to reach valves, pull on chain falls and comealongs.
- Ability to use devices such as micrometers, calipers, torque wrenches, and other precision devices.
- Ability to operate oxygen and acetylene torches.
- Ability to work in mentally stressful environments: must be able to react to crises where immediate action is required to correct or curtail potentially damaging or hazardous situations.
- Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, climbing, and in positions above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs.
- Knowledge of handling and disposal of waste material generated by maintenance activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of industrial mechanical maintenance experience in the repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of related power plant or machine shop equipment including inspection and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, fabricating and diagnostics
- Verifiable training in the proper use of laser alignment (pump alignment) equipment, HyTorc (or similar) equipment, and standard Millwright training is a bonus.
- Training and expertise in the use of portable vibration monitoring equipment is a plus.
- Completion of Journeyman-level Millwright or Mechanic training program preferred.
- Ability to lift up to _50_ pounds.
- Ability to squat or bend for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to wear a mask.
- Ability to work in noisy environments.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for long hours.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in heat for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in cold temperatures for long periods of time.
- Ability to load/unload equipment.
- Ability to ride in elevator on a daily basis.
- Ability to climb on roofs.