Our major client, an upstream operator, is seeking a Machinery Maintenance Technician to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 12-month assignment.
Main Functions: Monitoring and managing machinery condition in the field. Troubleshoots problems and performs repairs as needed. Regularly inspects equipment and executes preventative maintenance plans. To perform and participate in the trouble shooting maintenance activities of the plant rotating equipment including pumps, centrifugal/Reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, Gas Turbines, fans, blowers, and high-speed centrifugal air compressors packages.
- Ensure that machinery condition monitoring key records are maintained and updated after each survey and/or anomaly assessment & report results from field tasks to the Machinery Engineer
- Supervise third-party contractors executing machinery condition monitoring field tasks
- Identify and report emerging reliability threats and equipment failures to the Machinery Engineer
- Support key machinery overhaul planning, including optimization of work scope based on machinery condition and operational parameters, and witness key overhaul stages
- Participate in RCFA/Failure investigation including witnessing equipment teardowns
- A minimum of 5-10 years of closely related field experience
- Experience with Caterpillar HP 3500/3600 engines
- Pump experience also helpful
- Discipline appropriate certification(s) if applicable or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Effective communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
- Team Player: exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities