Airswift is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer for a open ended
contract in Houston, TX.
As a machine learning engineer, you will be an individual contributor responsible for delivering pieces of a larger data science/engineering product. This role requires a unique skillset, with the ability to merge the rapid developments of computer science, machine learning and information technology with the rich depth of disparate and complex data sets. We are seeking an out-of-the-box thinker, unafraid to try new things and eager to learn new approaches.
In this role you will:
- Develop advanced data ingestion, preparation and integration pipeline to efficiently deliver certified complex structured, unstructured and geospatial data sets.
- Build, test, deploy and monitor complex data science workflow to enable the delivery of analytic insights to our internal and external customers.
- Contributes to the compilation of datasets, critical evaluation of data quality, and delivery to data science platform.
- Contributes to the construction of N-dimensional geological models that fully integrates multiple datasets.
- Collaborate with other team members to understand data problems and formulate innovative approaches to address business challenges.
- Foster attitude that values and promotes innovation.
- Timely, accurate, and impactful reporting of data science outcomes.
- Work under the guidance of data science lead and geoscientists.
- Master’s (PhD preferred) degree in STEM major from accredited institution.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with a thirst to learn new areas.
- 5+ years’ experience in deploying and productionizing machine learning models at scale.
- Must have excellent programming skills in python and good knowledge of one or more analytics software tools and languages (e.g. R, Matlab, Java, Scala)
- Good understanding of data structures, data modelling, software design and application life cycle.
- Must have good knowledge of data engineering techniques including but not limited to data collection, ingestion, wrangling, and visualization. Experience in feature extraction and feature engineering is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in using elastic high performance computing using both on-prem and cloud computing infrastructure.
- Highly collaborative and eager to engage in both the office and in remote working settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to effectively explain technical information to various audiences.
- Experience with geospatial data processing in ArcGIS is a plus.
- Experience with data science platforms such as Dataiku, IBM Watson and H2O is a plus.
- Experience in Oil & Gas is a plus