Group Merger & Acquisition Analyst
Location: Schipol, Netherlands
Salary / Package: Competitive
Reports to: VP
Language: English, German(preferable), Any other languages is beneficial
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Ivan Robles, Jordan Mangan
Key words: Building Materials, Analyst, Junior, Mergers, Acquisition, M&A, Real Estate,
Airswift is pleased to announce we are partnering with one of the largest building materials distribution platform in continental Europe: BME, in the search for a Merger & Acquisition Analyst to support their growth ambitions and create value through M&A.
BME sells building materials to professional builders, specialist heating and plumbing installers and consumers through a large network of outlets operating under trusted brands. The Group is active in two main business areas:
General Builders Merchants (GBM) and Sanitary, Heating and Plumbing (SHAP).
- Market Analysis: Conduct relevant market studies and regularly consult industry experts
- Company analysis: Gather, analyse, and present information of potential acquisition targets and various (profitability) scenarios
- M&A projects: Participate in execution of M&A projects, evaluate targets, draft offer letters, support/coordinate due diligences and prepare/participate in negotiations, build relationships with business stakeholders.
- Internal approval: Prepare, develop, and support proposals for acquisition including valuation, risk analysis, synergy potential, cost etc.
- Post integration plans: Develop post integration plans for new acquisitions together with the business leaders, support, and monitor execution in the first 100 days
- M&A methods/tools: Develop and share business development methodologies and tools, such as valuation
- models and make them available across BME
- FF&RE initiatives tracking: On an ongoing basis follow up and report on the progress and execution of the FF&RE initiatives
- Strong academic background: Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Econometrics, Engineering, etc.)
- Three to four years of work experience, preferably in an international matrix environment.
- Investment banking, Corporate Finance & Strategy experience is a plus
- Extensive experience with Excel, Tableau and presentation tools (how to build a story)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English and preferably German (Dutch and French)
- General knowledge of the wholesale/trading industry is plus, but not a requirement
Key Functional Competencies
- Strong leadership & analytical skills
- Tactful & pragmatic
- Proactive & sensitive to interpersonal and organizational aspects
- Ambitious & hands-on mentality
- A bridge-builder who can convince and get people on board
- Strong analytic skills combined with a strategic mindset
- High level of drive with an attention to detail
- Agile and flexible
- A strong team player
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the
Account Manager: Ivan Robles, Jordan Mangan