Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a Logistics Specialist to work within their facility in Anchorage, AK.
The Logistics Manager is expected to manage and execute the logistics plan utilizing internal and external resources to efficiently and cost effectively deliver material and fabricated components to the project site from the source.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
As part of the integrated team the Logistics Manager is responsible to:
* Manage logistics and the logistics organization to ensure successful project execution in alignment with the project schedule and budget.
* Assist in the development and/or review of project transportation and fabrication studies and scenarios to evaluate cost effective transportation options.
* Progress logistics studies to identify critical constraints and recommended mitigations.
* Evaluate and recommend technical software and systems to integrate and track project material.
* Assist in the development of the logistics contract strategy.
* Support the development of Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the selection of transportation and fabrication contractor(s).
* Evaluate transportation and fabrication contractor proposals and make recommendations for award as part of the evaluation team.
* Support the development of transportation and fabrication schedules and review contractor/vendor schedules for alignment with key project dates
* Support the development of the project cost estimate and schedule.
* Assist in the development of project documents required for project funding approval including Project Execution Plan (PEP), Construction Execution Plan (CEP), Risk Register, Materials Management and Logistics Plan, Procurement Plan, etc.
* Oversee development and execution of Transportation Management Plans for key logistics providers and manage contracts including invoice reconciliation and cost control.
*Legally authorized to work in the United States
* 20+ years of logistics experience*
10+ years of logistics management or supervisory experience
* 5+ years of logistics experience in the oil and gas industry
* Previous logistics experience on large construction projects
* Previous logistics experience in Alaska and/or the Arctic
* Demonstrated strong technical competence, understanding of unique Alaska transportation requirements
* Previous experience with Capital Projects Management System (CPMS)
* Demonstrated experience managing logistics contracts