About the company
Our client is a major supplier of Rolling Stock, Signalling and associated Services for the rail industry throughout Australia.
About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Logistics Officer on a 3 month contract at their Auburn location. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Supply Chain with inventory management, procurement and other logistics activities.
- Support follow up of Order Acknowledgements periodically
- Support expediting of orders periodically
- Update Purchase Orders in GSI as required
- Goods Receipting of all delivery dockets in accordance with company policies for Services Projects
- Update Inventory Transaction Data Base for Service Projects (includes all inventory movements, bin locations, picking lists per project)
- Support cycle counting and stock take processes
- Master data file population (preparation for MRP / GSI full)
- Participate in the integrity of Production Bill of Material (PBOM) to ensure the completeness of all materials planning needs of the project(s) including all kitting information
- Previous experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Administration
- Highly organised and excellent multi-tasker
- Prior rail industry / manufacturing experience highly desirable
- Familiar with railway products and rolling stock manufacturing technology