Our client, a major Oil & Gas company is seeking a Logistics Coordinator to work within their facilities located in Spring, TX for a 1-year contract (possible to extend).
Coordinate and implement safe, efficient, and cost-effective dispatch and voyage operations of the company's affiliate-owned and chartered vessels that transport the company's cargo domestically and/or worldwide. Further, may be responsible for coordinating and scheduling terminal/refinery inventory, along with lifting and delivery schedules for crude and petroleum products.
- Ensure compliance with the company's corporate policies, industry standards, and government regulations
- Manage the operations and scheduling activity of the company cargoes and third-party cargoes on behalf of the company
- Manage equipment from various third parties under existing or new contracts (Term Charter, Spot Charter, Contract of Affreightment, Charter Order, MTA, etc.)
- Work with third-party Vessel Owner Companies, the company sites, Refining Optimizers, Traders, and Commercial Schedulers to effectively satisfy Value Chain requirements
- * Generate scheduling orders (Nominations) using trade signals from Traders and Refining Optimizers
- Identify and nominate suitable equipment for named cargo and ports
- Ensure all marine equipment (including load and discharge terminal) is properly vetted prior to load through the internal vetting system; act as liaison with SRM Vetting on equipment approvals and facilitate closure of gaps, if needed
- Input jobs/voyages and track equipment in SeaRivers Order Fulfillment and Accounting Program (Veson)
- Formulate and issue appropriate voyage orders and letters of indemnity (as necessary).
- Identify and seek opportunities for cost reductions through optimization of the fleet ( i.e. out charters, cleaning reductions, repositionings, etc)
- Protect affiliate operational interests while covering unexpected operational upset requirements and facilitating general interest equipment deployment across the circuit
- Ensure most economic transportation is obtained and advise on transportation costs/rates for Affiliate evaluation
- Ensure Affiliates are closely advised about schedules and operational matters through daily updates
- * Provide timely and accurate schedule, vessel, and voyage-related operations information to internal stakeholders, vessel agents, and ship brokers to ensure vessel utilization and safety objectives are achieved (anticipated arrival and departure timing, in-port operations, lifting schedules, and another vessel/voyage data)
- Arrange and optimize supply and delivery of bunkers for time chartered vessels
- Work with sites to support and coordinate long-range planning and refinery turnarounds to ensure adequate equipment coverage and signal accuracy
- Act as the first point of contact for billing disputes and/or resolution with billing clerks/analysts
- Maintain updated and accurate information in relevant voyage accounting systems to ensure freight and other voyage-related charges are processed and paid in a timely manner
- Work closely with Demurrage Claims organization to minimize losses and maximize value to the company
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of Commercial Oil & Gas experience. Examples include petroleum product Scheduling, Marine Voyage Operations, Chartering, etc.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Marine Operations at a Major IOC or Transportation Company
- Maritime Industry knowledge
- Sailing experience
- Knowledge of transaction accounting and commercial contracts is also desirable as these will aid the individual's understanding of documentation requirements and payment processes and requirements.