Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil & Gas clients to seek for a Logistics Advisor I to join them on a 12-month contract (to be extended) in Spring, TX.
Coordinate and implement the safe and efficient dispatch and voyage operations of the Company affiliate owned and chartered vessels that transport the company's cargoes worldwide.
- Primary point of contact for all vessel-related operations (i.e. ship, broker, agents) and initial incident notification.
- Consolidate shipping requirements of the various business units and define the lowest costs shipping solution by utilizing COAs and T/Cs
- Place call-offs on COAs; making sure all required approvals (IMT, BU, Last cargo) are in place
- Coordinate with TC vessels, COA owners, and Business units regarding stowage, last cargo requirements, and local terminal approvals for CL&PS parcels.
- Formulate and issue appropriate voyage orders and letters of indemnity (as necessary).
- Arrange and optimize supply, delivery of bunkers for time-chartered vessels.
- Ensure charter party terms are followed.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on vessel movements and performance including anticipated arrival and departure timing, in-port operations, and another vessel/voyage data.
- Provide timely vessel and voyage-related operations information to global marine as well as a business unit, Company's affiliates, joint ventures, and shipbrokers to ensure the vessel utilization and safety objectives are achieved and are consistent with corporate policies, industry standards, and government regulations.
- Maintain updated and accurate information in relevant voyage accounting systems (e.g. Shipnet) to ensure freight and other voyage-related charges are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Due to the nature of marine commercial operations should be flexible with work hours (24/7 job with after-hours calls).
- Previous experience with logistics
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office and systems related)
- Sea-going experience is desirable but not necessary (marine operations knowledge and a good understanding of ship capabilities are useful)
- Knowledge of transaction accounting and commercial contracts are also desirable