Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Director of External Affairs to work on a long term contract in West Virginia.
- Position to be based in the Ohio River Valley Tristate region supporting the development of a clean energy hub including hydrogen and carbon capture and storage.
- Be the key point of contact for external local stakeholders and local governments in the region building knowledge, advocacy and engagement.
- Develop and lead external engagement strategy for clean energy hub including stakeholders, communities, local governments, economic development agencies, educational organizations.
- Assist in preparation of communications and marketing strategy and materials.
- Participation in external committees, boards, advocacy groups etc in support of the hub.
- Responding to government / 3rd party consultations.
- Assisting with socioeconomic and environmental justice analysis and program development.
- Leading on government funding strategy including assistance with bid preparation.
- Interfacing with senior of the company management as required including coordination in visits
- Presentations at conferences, meetings as required.
- Interface with the company internal communications, government relations and regulatory personnel.
- Experienced stakeholder engagement, external affairs and government relations professional with local region experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of local context, communities, public institutions and political landscape
- Communications experience and knowledge of governmental processes
- Experience in the energy and/or industrial sector is preferred
- Interest in being part of shaping the energy transition
- Knowledge and experience in environmental justice and socioeconomic development is an asset
- Team player that can work independently. Some flexibility in working hours and occasional travel is required.