Airswift has been tasked by one of its key clients to search for a Livelihood Restoration Coordinator to join them on a contract position in Tanzania.
Project Representative/Social and Land/Resettlement Planning Service
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Situation in organization (enclose a copy of your organization chart) N+ 1 Livelihood Restoration Lead, N+2 Head of RAP Implementation Service dimensions The EACOP Project comprises 1143 km of heated crude oil pipeline from Hoima in Uganda to Tanga in Tanzania arriving at a marine storage terminal and offloading facility. Approximately 4000 hectares of land are required in 8 Regions and 27 Districts, Town Councils and City Councils in Tanzania. EACOP has identified livelihoods impacts which will result from the land acquisition programme. To mitigate these impacts, livelihoods restoration and support strategies have been identified in the RAP. The Livelihood Restoration Coordinator - Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) will coordinate livelihood restoration activities as part of the RAP Implementation team.
The Livelihood Restoration Coordinator
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning will be responsible for:
• Leading the efforts on design and development of Livelihoods Restoration Programme log frame; results framework; monitoring framework, guide and plans
• Provide guidance in capturing projects performance and results through data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities
• Lead development of Livelihoods Restoration Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data collection tools and protocols
• Lead implementation of all Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities as stipulated in the work plan by providing guidance, recommendation and suggest improvement for smooth MEL activities implementation
• Provide technical M&E leadership to ensure the Livelihoods Restoration program’s technical integrity and ability to achieve its goals and corresponding objectives and targets
• Lead collection and provide guidance on utilization of the Livelihoods Restoration contractor’s performance data to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
• Developing a detailed Monitoring and Evaluation based understanding of the RAPs and identified livelihoods strategy for physically and economically displaced PAPs for the Priority Areas and Pipeline
• Leading the collection of data on transitional livelihoods support programme and ensure enabling statistics and narratives for assessment of project impacts on physically and economically displaced PAH is available on time
• Leading the monitoring of transitional livelihoods Contractors and using predetermined targets and indicators, ensure the full and proper delivery of all identified support packages is carried until replacement houses and replacement land has been made available
• Leading the collection of data on all PAPs identified as recipients of livelihoods restoration support, participation in the programmes, identifying and reporting any reasons for non-participation
• Defining livelihoods restoration monitoring activities and KPIs, and implement robust livelihoods reporting mechanisms
• Supporting and providing inputs to the district Resettlement Committees on livelihoods restoration programmes design and implementation
• Monitoring and centralizing livelihood restoration data coming from regional teams including reviewing implementation progress and identifying lagging areas
• Participating in weekly progress calls with livelihood restoration implementation teams and partners and report on field progress
• Submitting weekly and monthly reporting as determined by Livelihood Restoration Lead and Head of RAP Implementation
• Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
• Lead analysis of data to monitor and evaluate Livelihoods Restoration projects interventions, document results and provide feedback to EACOP management on time to guide decision-making
• Support timely dissemination of the compiled project information to project team
• Ensure Livelihoods Restoration data is entered EACOP’s organization-wide data management system designed to
capture, analyze, and disseminate project’s data
• Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with EACOP’s Livelihoods Restoration partners including contractors and key implementation stakeholders and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles as approved by management
• Produce effective Reports with results of M&E activities by providing written documentation and, or oral presentations about progress toward achieving indicators and targets as appropriate
Context and environment
• The Livelihood Restoration Coordinator
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning will be based in Dar es Salaam with regular travel to the pipeline corridor
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning is expected to interface continuously with all departments within the Land and Social department, wider EACOP organization and Resettlement Implementation Contractor/s as necessary Accountabilities
• Responsible for leading the effective monitoring of delivery of appropriate livelihood restoration programmes and transitional support
• Will ensure the livelihood restoration monitoring framework, guidelines and protocols are completed in compliance with IFC Performance and Project standards Qualifications/Experience required
• Advanced Degree in project planning and management, statistics, agriculture, agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, natural resources management, social sciences, environmental sciences or a related discipline, required
• 10 – 15 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component
• Established professional in Tanzania, with M&E experience in international development programs; livelihoods improvement, agronomy, agri-business, entrepreneurship development, water supply programs preferred
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
• Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
• Strong understanding of M&E, policies and compliance requirements.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• A minimum of 10 years professional experience in Resettlement Implementation and Livelihoods Restoration preferred
• Professional experience of investor international financing standards requirements for livelihood restoration
• Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, MS Access
• Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel widely nationally at remote areas
• Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including, local communities and local government authorities
• Proven ability to multitask and work independently
• Willingness to work in the field essential
• Excellent and proven data management skills and attention to detail required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Swahili and English, including excellent presentations kills and demonstrated technical writing skills.