We are currently seeking a Linesperson to work on major rail maintenance projects for our client who operate in the Rail Industry.
Location – Randwick, NSW
Duration - 6-month contract – temp to perm opportunity
- To carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of overhead traction power equipment and report on the performance and condition of the traction power asset to ensure its safe and effective operation
- Install, maintain and repair the overhead traction power equipment in accordance with predefined work programs to ensure the safe and effective operation of the traction power network.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specifications and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation required.
- Report on actual work performed against scheduled work program and equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- Sound knowledge of all types of overhead traction power equipment and their relevant maintenance and installation standards.
- Sound level of skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of overhead traction power equipment to predetermined standards and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of high voltage Safeworking practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of WH&S Act and relevant NSW Rail safety policies and procedures.
- Sound interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within NSW Rail's Values and Behaviours.
- Certificate III – in Distribution Power, Transmission, HV, or OHW (or something similar)
- Valid Driver’s License