One of our clients is looking for a Line Locator to join their team on a 2-year assignment to work in Jal, NM.
- Locates underground utilities.
- Clears brush and digs up utility lines.
- Operates line location instruments and leak detection instruments.
- Prepares sketches for field notes in construction layouts and as built.
- Research as-built drawings for line locations.
- Sets utility markings and points for contractors and other utility companies.
- Maintains inventory, equipment, supplies and assigned vehicles.
- Operates electronic surveying and data collection instruments.
- Works as a member of a crew.
- Knowledge of highway traffic control standards.
- Knowledge of basic surveying methods, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of electronic surveying line locating equipment.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting construction and engineering plans.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Skill in researching land and plat information.
- Skill in accurately sketching and recording field notes and computations.
- Skill in recording and maintaining public files and records.
- Skill in demonstrating and instructing entry level skills and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to work flexible hours for on-call or emergency purposes.
- Work involves long hours outside with exposure to loud noises, chemicals, toxic fumes, air and waterborne pathogens, and mechanical equipment during the clearing, surveying, and staking of construction sites.
- There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, work near vehicular traffic, lift equipment or materials (up to 50 pounds), and perform other similar actions during the workday.
- Cathodic Protection
- Chemical Injection Knowledge
- Pressure/pipeline exp
- Line Locating
- Must be reliable
- Schedule 40 to 50 hours per week - no on call schedule but will get OT
- Will drive 250+ miles per day and about 5,000 miles per month
- Will receive a fleet truck