Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Lifting Engineer to join them in Pemba, Mozambique on a 2-year contract + possibility extension.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Studying in detail the load to be lifted and determine its weight and Centre of Gravity, or supporting the Department requesting the lift in doing so
- Designing and calculating suitable lifting points and lifting lugs/eyes
- Determining the weight of load (including impact loads during lifting)
- Proposing suitable crane(s) and lifting equipment for the lifting operation
- Supporting the definition of the potential Hazards and its associated Risks involved the lifting operation
- Supporting the inspection and Maintenance team for the assessment of the structural integrity of lifting equipment
- Promote safe work activities with individual staff members
- Ensure that Contractors are operating in a Safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Ensure that logistics operations are safe for any lifting operation to be performed by any cranes, forklifts
- Participate or lead teams conducting incident investigations to determine root causes and appropriate corrective actions
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experiences in the design of lifting equipment and operations
- Proficiency in Portuguese and English languages (verbal and written).
- Ability to operate independently.
- Team player skills, frequent interaction with other disciplines and third parties.
- Manages own time and establishes priorities.
- Knowledge Acquisition and Application processes & procedures.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
For candidates with residence in Mozambique only.