Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Legal Administrator Assistant to work on a 12-months contract in San Ramon, Californian.
- Administrative support to attorneys and maintaining a high level of confidentiality surrounding any sensitive information/data and supporting other team members, as required.
- Drafts, formats, and revises legal documents including litigation documents or correspondence and proofreads them to assure accuracy and coherency. Generates reports, presentations and other communications, as required.
- Ability to handle and process settlements, invoices, and payments within the legal matter management software system.
- Opens, updates and closes matters within legal matter management software system, including TeamConnect or iManage.
- Maintains files and records, as required, at work location or in the iManage system.
- Works in iManage to upload documents and manages deadlines using calendaring systems.
- Organizes meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events. Meeting logistics include: catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging WebEx or Teams calls, setting up equipment for video conferencing, and emailing meeting notices, agendas and other key information.
- Manages group calendar for the organization for key activities and events.
- Makes travel arrangements for both domestic and international travel. Assists with any travel related visa/immigration document preparation.
- Prepares travel and other business-related expense reports which include inputting, tracking and reconciling.
- Manages purchasing card charges and reconciles monthly statements in CTREX.
- Assists with other duties and special projects, as assigned by counsel, legal analyts and other team members.
- Effectively work with other internal support groups (Law Digital Platform, CBRES, etc.) to provide superior support to attorneys and other team members.
- Serves as a back up to other administrative support in Legal and the Business Unit.
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience as legal administrative assistant or in other positions with similar tasks and responsibilities working in a legal department or law firm
- Has an understanding of the litigation process, including discovery related issues and documents.
- Knowledge of legal concepts and civil processes
- Ensure quality results when proofing documents so they are error-free and returned to the customers within the time-frame requested
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing needs and deadlines
- Takes initiative and is a team player
- Self-motivated, learns quickly, anticipates the needs of team members and has the ability to discreetly handle confidential information
- Strong collaboration and people skills with the ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Strong organization skills and attention to details are crucial
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner, orally, and in writing; listens and takes directions quickly; maintains tactful and professional demeanor in all situations with all levels at Chevron and outside organizations.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in TeamConnect
- Proficient with MS O365 (including Teams, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc.)
- WebEx proficient