Our major client in Oil & Gas industry, an upstream operator, is seeking a Lease Operator to work within their facilities located in Crane, TX for a 6-month assignment.
- Operates, monitors and maintains lease wells and production facilities to maximize oil and gas sales and control lease operating expenses.
- Operates and inspects pumping and wellhead equipment to ensure proper operation, and recover maximum production. May utilize SCADA equipment for well surveillance to optimize production and prevent spills.
- May interact with Artificial Lift Techs to optimize equipment and well performance.
- Uses in-depth knowledge and understanding to properly operate and maintain electrical panels, gas engines, testers, phase separators, water knock outs, heaters and stock tanks, and all other on-site wellhead equipment and compressors.
- Performs routine maintenance of production equipment, including checking fluid levels of pump jacks, wellhead engines and wellhead compressors, dump valves, meters, gauges and other tank battery equipment. May acknowledge and respond to alarms associated with equipment as needed.
- May conduct daily surveillance of artificial lift systems including ESP and gas lift.
- Detects oil, water or gas leaks, and broken seals on tank valves; may monitor work of others, to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- 5-7 years of experience in oil and gas operations, with one year as Lease Operator II or equivalent.
- Has clear and extensive knowledge of downhole and artificial lift operations and procedures.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. (potential to work overtime)