Our major client, an upstream operator, is seeking a Lease Operator to work within their facilities located in Midland, TX for a 6-month assignment.
Summary: Responsible for the safe and efficient operations, monitoring and maintenance preparation of wells, processing units and related facilities. This position requires a strong focus on oil, gas and water separation facilities operations along with major utilities and secondary expertise in all operations. This is a large project, which includes not only on-site facility start-up but also utilization of operating tools, procedures, work-permitting and training.
- Responsible for personal safety and the safety of co-workers. Follows and enforces all safety rules.
- Primary operations contact for their facilities. Understands process flow, basic chemistry associated with unit, major line-ups, and all unit safety equipment, including isolation points. Review’s computer data and computer generated schematics to ensure process is optimized.
- Physically inspects and monitors equipment and/or the work area using vision, hearing, smell, and touch, to ensure correct operation.
- Issues Safe Work Permits, which involves high degree of proficiency on current operating conditions as well as chemical, personnel and process safety risks associated with operating unit.
- Performs gas testing as necessary to ensure Operating area is safe to allow for specific maintenance activities to be performed.
- Process monitoring activities include Gauge Tanks, read meters, accurately record data, taking product samples, differential pressure, chemical injection rates, checking for leaks, freezing, overheating, etc.
- Performs "visual maintenance" by checking critical performance parameters such as temperature, pressure, level, flow rate, and/or vibration to ensure all equipment is operating within its defined operating envelope.
- Adjusts local process parameters (temperature, pressure, etc.) to maintain product specifications within their optimal operating window.
- Keep Company Vehicle Maintained and in good working condition
- Coordinate Oil Sales and salt water hauling as necessary
- Maintain accurate electronic or paper gauge sheets properly and note reasons for production changes
- Checks control valve positions to ensure valves are correctly positioned.
- Performs basic equipment maintenance (adding lube oil, water, tightening valve packing, changing filters and steam traps, clearing equipment, etc.).
- Communicates with Production Foreman to remain informed of existing process conditions and relate any changes made or needed.
- Performs winterization and summarization of equipment for maximum equipment efficiencies.
- Monitors field equipment using electronic test equipment including handheld monitors and computer monitoring equipment.
- Inspects safety valves, fire extinguishers, fire hoses, breathing apparatus, and other safety equipment.
- Participates in continuous improvement of all aspects of the business that they are assigned to execute.
- Understands and performs work according to environmental policies and procedures. Executes work in a manner that eliminates or minimizes environmental impacts (flaring emissions, oil spills, etc.). Attaches a high priority to resolving environmental problems.
- Understands and follows all working rules. Continuously improves job knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates reliable attendance. Able to work independently where appropriate. Supports the team effort to execute assigned tasks and meet the team"s business objectives.
- High School diploma is required; College degree or trade school certificate preferred
- 5-10 years of demonstrated prior relevant work experience is preferred
- Ability to maintain, operate and repair surface equipment associated with the production of oil and gas.
- Demonstrated computer skills using Microsoft Office or similar software program.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift more than 50 lbs. and climb ladders and stairways.
- Must be capable of using SCBA and associated safety equipment.
- Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal relationships and a team player
- Must be able and willing to work on a rotating shift
- Must be available for call out as situation dictates
- Ability to interact effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to maintain, operate and repair surface equipment associated with the production of Oil & Gas
- Strong computer skills with good and written and oral communication skills
- Must be physically able to lift > 50 lbs and climb ladders / stairways - Must be able to use a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and other safety detectors and equipment’s.
Work Schedule: 8 days on/ 6 days off (10 hours per day)