Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is seeking a Lease Operator to work in Traverse City, Michigan for a 6-month contract subject to extension.
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift.
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/ wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs other duties as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnoses operating problems and performs necessary corrective action during work shift.
- Collects plant readings, interprets data and adjusts plant processes as needed. Accurately enters data into computerized data management system.
- Performs lift station checks per preventive maintenance work orders, records readings, interprets data and enters data into maintenance database
- Performs treatment plant preventive maintenance work orders and enters data into maintenance database
- Makes chemical feed adjustments to meet permit requirements, target feed rates, sludge concentrations, cleaning requirements
- Maintains process area tracking and optimization
- Provides team updates on assigned processes on an ongoing basis
- Must be able to lift objects weighing 40-pounds from floor level to waist level—items lifted are often bulky and difficult to handle
- Must be able to climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold
- Must be able to transport self over plant facility
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to 1,000 steps a day
- Must be able to use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts
- Must be able to carry a 40-pound tool box up a flight of stairs
- Must be able to work in constricted places
- Must be able to reach, stoop, or bend to work on equipment
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- High school diploma or GED
- Live within 21 miles of the Traverse City Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- One-year experience in wastewater or related field
- Entry level Certification for State Project is located, or related college degree
- Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes; safe work practices
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
- Degree in related field such as: Water/Wastewater Treatment, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences etc. Courses in water or wastewater field.