Our major client in the Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Lease Operator to work within their facilities located in La Barge, WY for a 12-month assignment (subject to extension).
Monitors, maintains, and reports the operations of wells and sites on an assigned route. Inspects and maintains property and equipment on a routine basis. Works to optimize production in a safe, cost-effective manner.
- Make routine checks on all well sites according to schedule.
- Monitor production equipment, compressors, wellheads, dehydrators and meters.
- Manage daily fluid production; gauge and record oil and water tanks; record all seal records.
- Participate in periodic well review meetings.
- Analyze production related problems and work with foreman and leads to troubleshoot.
- Submit daily data and turn in all reports and tickets on a timely basis.
- Inspect lease sites, ensure they are clean and maintained, check for spills and fluid leaks.
- Routinely inspect pumping units, compressors, and other equipment to ensure they are well maintained.
- Provide relief assistance when needed.
- Communicate regularly with production supervisor and relief operator.
- Perform light maintenance on equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent/ Vocational or equivalent training in general machinery operation or equipment usage, oil and gas production, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience as a Lease Operator.
- Ability to monitors, maintains, and reports the operations of wells and sites on an assigned route. Inspects and maintains property and equipment on a routine basis. Works to optimize production in a safe, cost-effective manner.
- Ability to understand gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to learn company specific applications.
Work Schedule: 10 days on/ 4 days off