Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is hiring a Lease Operator to work on a 2-month contract (potential to be extended) located in Hobbs, New Mexico.
The professional will monitor and optimize all production process variables, ensuring all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data for onshore oil and gas production in the Permian Basin.
- Support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, (following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event)
- Operate, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain oil and gas production equipment
- Plunger lift, electrical submersible pump wells, rod pumping, and flowing wells, and compressors.
- Optimize artificial lift systems.
- Test wells.
- Acquire fluid level information.
- Record keeping and data input
- Test safety devices.
- Operate and monitor SCADA and computer control systems.
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization
- 5 years or more of related experience (operating and maintaining oil and gas production equipment in field-based operations or construction position)
- Must live within 50 miles of the field office
- Valid driver’s license and provide vehicle and basic tools to support work.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, SCADA
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and production-related issues
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of production and facility equipment Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation
- Additional Screening Needed: Respiratory Protection (fitness for duty, respirator fit tested)
- Experience operating rod pumps, electric submersible pumps, and plunger lift
NOTE: Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on workload
SCHEDULE: 8/6 (Starting Wednesday: working 8 days; OFF Thurs-Tues; repeat)