Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Lease and Contracts Analyst to work in their facilities located in Houston, TX on a 3 months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Perform due diligence, review and setup of newly acquired oil and gas leases and contracts to identify title defects, assure the purchase of valid leases, identify, input and manage obligations.
- Assist in property divestiture and acquisition projects by review and interpretation of title and ownership data, determination of preferential rights and consents to assign provisions, prepare title reports and exhibits.
- Review the status of title, provide title due diligence, cure title defects and otherwise reduce title risk associated with ownership in minerals or the acquisition and divestiture of mineral properties.
- Determine ownership in minerals through the research of public and private records, review information from multiple data sources (Texas RRC, New Mexico OGC, Drilling Info, County Courthouses, etc.) and have the technical Land knowledge to correct imperfect data.
- Establish and maintain accurate oil and gas contract records to assure the continued validity of leases and compliance with contract terms; manage rights and/or obligations derived from ownership of interests in leases and minerals.
- Review producing leases for well statuses and, if production ceases, advise Land Negotiators on what actions are required to maintain the lease.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external customers to resolve ownership problems, royalty/rental inquiries and release demands.
- Prepare lease and acreage reports for business unit and executive level review, and understand the reasons behind variances
- Coordinate the payment of lease rentals, shut-in royalties and minimum royalties to assure that they are timely and accurately paid.
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Land Management, Energy Management, Business or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of in-house, broad-based working experience in traditional operations Land Negotiator roles, mineral ownership, division orders, or Land Administration
- Strong understanding of lease and contract agreements that impact leasehold
- Able to identify and examine lease and contract provisions and a technical understanding of how they impact operations
- Strong understanding of the correlation of interest types and how they contribute to acreage calculations (Working Interest, Royalty Interest, Overriding Royalty Interest, Non-Participating Royalty Interest, Mineral Interest, Lessors Interest, Wellbore Working Interest, Contractual Interest, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of title, including burden ties, as well as complex agreements
- Experience using Quorum Land Systems and ArcGIS
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Excel functions
- Understanding of applicable county, state and federal regulatory rules and procedures
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.