Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Learning Advisor to work on a 2 years assignment in Downtown Calgary, Canada.
- Partner with the business to facilitate the development of Department/Discipline/Role-Based Competency Maps and Job Competency Profiles.
- Partner with the Learning Advisor, Process and Systems to implement Job Competency Profiles in the Competency Management System.
- Partner with other HR counterparts to integrate Job Competency Profiles into job descriptions, job postings, interviews, compensation, etc.
- Work collaboratively to develop tailored learning strategies in support of desired performance or business objectives.
- Lead and provide guidance in instructional design methods, content development, implementation and evaluation of enterprise and asset learning solutions; includes design, development and maintenance of in-house and third-party training programs.
- Develop e-learning and classroom-based courseware.
- Develop and maintain strong business focused relationships with stakeholders; business leaders, lead trainers, trainers, assessors, external vendors, etc.
- Coach technical trainers on application of adult learning theory to learning activities
- Plan and oversee the work of third-party learning partners; ensuring deliverables support the Learning Strategy and monitor quality and compliance, ensuring results meet specified standards and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- University completion at the undergraduate level with a specialty focus in adult education or an undergraduate level with a certification in adult education or workplace learning.
- A minimum of 8 years of oil and gas experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of instruction design experience.
- Advanced utilization of eLearning authoring tools; Captivate, Lectora or Articulate
- Provide sample of e-learning and/or classroom-based courseware. Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate strong business acumen including legislation, policy and business objectives in order to align learning to business goals.
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and techniques of learning and development, particularly in the context of adult learners and workplace development.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to provide consultation, advice and technical training expertise to business leaders and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills to deal with obstacles during program development and implementation.
- Strong and fit for purpose change management strategies.