Our Client an EPC Company are looking for a Lead Subsea Engineer to be based in their project office in Paris, France. The role will be offered with a long term contract, negotiable daily rate and a travel and accommodation package.
As Lead Subsea Engineer you’ll be responsible for the subsea pipeline, umbilicals, flexibles and riser (SURF) scope for a large and complex deepwater FPSO project
- Lead the project SURF activities during detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, and support offshore commissioning.
- Address SURF related queries and technical clarification questions from vendors.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed successfully.
- Drive progress of the SURF scope throughout the project phases and ensure the equipment delivered meets the project requirements such as functional specifications, schedule, cost, production ramp-up, operability, reliability and availability.
- Scope, review and approve aspects of work including both in-house and Contractor prepared studies and engineering.
- Prepare design and construction procedures and attend HAZOP’s, HAZID’s, and Facility Model Reviews as necessary.
- Review and approve:
- SURF project execution plan,
- Route selection of SURF with complex seabed features
- Pre-commissioning philosophy for SURF system
- Familiar with Orcaflex and detailed FEA of subsea components.
- Review Contractor’s documentation during the execution of design, procurement and fabrication/construction activities, ensuring the quality of the work is in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Ensure the equipment is installed correctly via creation of thorough installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly and effectively managed.
- Provide SURF engineering inputs in technical reviews to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Ensure development of fit for purpose SURF quality plan and Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and support recruitment and assignment of experienced QA/QC personnel to support equipment delivery.
- Degree in Engineering
- Extensive experience gained as a Major Project Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of offshore deepwater FPSO installations and developments
- Technical Professional with broad knowledge of deepwater subsea engineering design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater FPSO project involving subsea engineering design and installation.
- Detailed understanding of Subsea design codes (mandatory)
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.