Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Lead Subsea Control Engineer to work within their facilities located in Celle, Germany.
- Deliver the Subsea Controls scope for a large and complex deepwater FPSO project in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Ensure the project conforms to the customer's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Lead the project subsea controls engineering activities during detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, and support offshore commissioning.
- Address subsea controls related queries and technical clarification questions from vendors.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed successfully.
- Deliver an integrated (MCS/DCS) subsea control system for the project, working collaboratively with all interfacing teams and Contractors.
- Drive progress of the subsea controls scope throughout the project phases and ensure the equipment delivered meets the project requirements such as functional specifications, schedule, cost, production ramp-up, operability, reliability and availability.
- Scope, review and approve aspects of work including both in-house and Contractor prepared studies and engineering.
- Prepare design and construction procedures and attend HAZOP’s, HAZID’s, and Facility Model Reviews as necessary.
- Supervise and review Contractor’s documentation during the execution of design, procurement and fabrication/construction activities, ensuring the quality of the work is in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Ensure the equipment is installed correctly via creation of thorough installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly and effectively managed.
- Provide subsea controls engineering inputs in technical reviews to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Ensure development of fit for purpose subsea control system quality plan and Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and support recruitment and assignment of experienced QA/QC personnel to support equipment delivery.
- Conduct inspections, factory acceptance tests, and site acceptance tests of subsea equipment, as required.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and technical authorities to deliver quality and seamless service as needed.
- Ensure that system wide integration and integrity are managed. Manage interfaces with other EPC contracts, and the project Subsea and Pipeline Team including implementation of required technical assurance on own scope.
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in deepwater FPSO projects.
- Previous design and manufacturing experience for deepwater control system.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on complex subsea project execution
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of deepwater subsea controls system design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater FPSO project involving subsea infrastructure design and installation.
- Must have EU work authorization.
- Previous experience in the delivery of integrated MCS/DCS control system will be an advantage.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.