Lead Software Engineer
- You will lead software systems design, select the right development technologies, and lead the development team.
- You will be the core member to drive a large-scale Digital Transformation effort at an industry-leading company working on billion-dollar projects.
- Report to Global Head of Digital and Analytics.
Why Join Us?
- A rare opportunity to join a “start-up” team within a large, stable multinational company. Best of both worlds!
- Explore a wide spectrum of cutting-edge technologies in development frameworks, cloud solutions, data engineering and artificial intelligence.
- Our diverse business requirements require a broad variety of applications including search-engine, project management tools, data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA), etc. You won’t have to feel bored working on the same problems every day.
- Design a robust, scalable and secure architecture to support multiple software development initiatives across business units (engineering, procurement, construction, operation, HR, etc.)
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Product, UI/UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, etc.) to understand product requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the development team.
- Coach the development team in writing clean, high-quality, maintainable code with best development practices.
- Lead development team activities including design and code review, software testing and debugging
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving issues from applications in production
- Split and manage development tasks among developers on the team
- Identify dependencies or risks against requirements and suggest solutions to the team.
- Deep understanding of software technology and architecture. Able to communicate trade-offs and recommend appropriate technological priorities.
- 6-10 years of professional full-stack software development experience
- Experience in using Agile methodology and operating within a DevOps culture
- Familiarity with microservices and cloud technologies
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Capable of thinking out of the box and excited about trying new solutions, willing to challenge status quo
- We currently use Python/Django, React.js, MySQL and Azure Cloud Services for development. Experience in these areas will be highly valued.
- Candidate with a strong proficiency in other technology like C#, Java, Php, Node.js, Vue.js, Angular.js, etc., and open to learning new tech stacks, we welcome your application as well.