Our client, a major company in the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Lead SCM Engineer to work on a contract position for 6-12 months in Suresnes, FR.
- Responsible for the operational implementation of one or more elements of the SCM strategy to their defined business area. They will be responsible for developing and implementing their own local plans and ongoing improvements to support the global SCM aims and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
- In a project, the SCM Lead will be the owner of a complex subcontract or PO by managing all aspect of the contract and coordinating all engineering issues related to the product to deliver, in line with the project SCM strategy.
- On a tender the SCM lead will be coordinating all SCM activities and will provide the SCM cost base with the Support of the commodity leads and other SCM personnels in line with the SCM road map as defined by the SCM tendering Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process and procedures
- Proactively contribute to the project definition of SCM strategies and goals and the achievement of these
- Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy for the assigned business area via businesspartnering initiatives, knowledge and expertise
- Manage the process and stakeholders relevant to the specific role, including internal challenges and support to client negotiation.
- Accountable from the issuance of the RFQ, the selection, management and monitoring of suppliers, up to the product or service delivery to the end user.
- Take full ownership for the implementation of its section of the Project Procurement Plan, together with Project Management, Engineering (and/or others as appropriate and applicable)
- Support the development of the local Supply Chain Function through guidance and coaching to more junior members of the team.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by experience
- Appropriate experience in a one or more of the Supply Chain areas of expertise, most recently in an expert capacity.
- Strong leadership and ability to coach and guide more junior colleagues