Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is seeking a Lead Rigid Riser Design professional to work for a 6-month contract subject to extension in Paris.
In charge of Tenders execution (Buzios & BMC-33 namely), with support of a team made either of internal Project engineers or sub-contracted to engineering supplier, the expected tasks to be covered are the following under the responsibility of the Tender technical manager, on top of skill development of allocated resources:
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritize own and others’ workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, SCM, drawing office, document control, project management, client and suppliers.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- MSc or PhD in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics, you have a minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, ideally with in place / installation analyses of riser systems (rigid, flexible or umbilical).
- You are proficient in FEA modelling and you know well OrcaFlex software.
- Your English is fluent
ROLE & CAPABILITIES:
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DnV OSF201, API RP 2STD, 2RD); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Develop design brief and basis, and perform the in place design analysis with OrcaFlex / Develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system
- Be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- Ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Ideally, perform OrcaFlex installation analyses for rigid risers as well as deployment of structures
- Support Operational weather standby activities with in house tool to support tender
- Ensure that QA/QC process is well followed
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline.
- Attend to discipline meeting as required.