Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Lead Reservoir Engineer to work within their facilities located in KL, MY.
The expectation of the role covers the leading and coordinating teams across value chains with the objective of delivering specific projects as stipulated by management.
- Planning, managing, coordinating and supervising directly and/or indirectly SSD teams including working with other departments to deliver and execute a robust and optimized development plan for A-18 that ensures the asset is always in a position to meet its GSA obligations and allows for seamless transition to post PSC period with the development of near Field and West Flank areas.
- Coordinate cross functional team with the aim of designing and delivering fast track-low-cost developments to manage UDC of sub 100bcf gas pools near existing facilities around $8/boe
- Guide sand and water management strategies for producing fields including identifying mitigation options which can be activated at short notice to ensure GSA obligations are met.
- Work with Data Scientists and use experience and knowledge to introduce and embed data analytics processes in order to maximize use of production information gathered by the company to optimise UOC/UDC
- Prepare CO2 management strategy for A-18 for current GSA and post PSC period
- Provide the necessary technical assurance and rigor for decision making by senior management.
- Train junior engineers and other staff in the art of integration, people management and creativity by example and practice.
- Ensure the level of technical competence is maintained through mentoring and cross discipline interaction exists within SSD and across as a whole.
- Maintain key focus on delivering superior results, optimizing resources and adhering to corporate policies
Accountable to deliver the following projects; facilitate cross discipline interaction associated work programs:
- Updated A-18 CIZ production and development strategy (Cakerawala, Bumi & Bumi Deep, Bulan Main, Bulan South, Suriya) to meet GSA obligations through to 2028 via a combination of optimized well interventions, drilling and new developments.
- Long term development plan for whole of A-18 taking into account CIZ development to meet GSA obligations and allowing for seamless transition to post PSC period with the development of near Field and West Flank areas.
- In collaboration with D&G Pre-Dev team prepare, promote and incorporate project plans for the next A-18 development (Bulan H, Bumi East) in a timely manner in order to mitigate against poor results from the next drilling campaign starting in April 2021.
- Coordinate and assist with coordination, where appropriate, between D&G, F&E, WIO for production optimization, well intervention planning and ensuring capacity is maintained above GSA obligations at all times.
- Re-configure Reservoir Management Plan to convert it from solely reporting document to include A-18 development and production strategy
As a Technical Assurance leader in Reservoir Engineering with working knowledge of all aspects associated with the life-cycle of hydrocarbon production, where appropriate:
- Ensure subsurface work is fit for purpose and is high quality – results focused
- Prepare relevant position papers advising management on key issues to facilitate decision making
- Lead technical discussions
- Assist in resolving technical issues between sections within SSD and if appropriate between departments
- Ensure Reserves evaluation and classifications are robust and meet with all stake holder requirements
- Lead Decision Analysis workshops on key projects across company
- Propose, advise and if appropriate supervise projects associated with capacity management
- Work with G&G technical assurance leader to set technical standards on subsurface related work
- Train and assist other engineers to attain the right level of technical competence to complete their tasks
- Assist CnP with technical justifications on contracts where appropriate.
- Honours Degree or M.SC in Reservoir Engineering
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in Petroleum-Reservoir Engineering discipline.
- A good appreciation of the entire life cycle associated with hydrocarbon production including Exploration, Pre-development, Development, Production, Acquisitions-Disposals, Unitisation, Reserves bookings, Economics and Commercial
- Fluent in oral and written English and Thai
*It is regretted to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*