Airswift is seeking to invite an experienced Lead Quantity Surveyor to assist and support the project in ensuring proper cost control, tracking and cost accounting for project cost and work scope alignment within overall cost control interfacing and shipyard cost management in China. This is a 24-month engagement.
Monitor and control the project budget by following cost and schedule technique and tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform the duties of a shipyard cost control function
- Lead the team of QS to ensure the smooth process of Company’s PMT and shipyard’s commercial team
- Lead and guidance to QS team for both re?measurement and variation orders evaluation
- Define and building up BoQ (Bill of Quantity) and shipyard cost control template for execution
- Control and monitor SI (site Instruction) issuance and anticipation of cost impact estimation
- Keeping the track of Cost by the Company’s system, manual R&LE yard cost control tool, etc.,
- Implement change management and control referred by Company’s corporate QS procedures
- Monitor VOWD (Value of Work Done) by FPSO system and construction work pack.
- Implement earned value management (EVM) system based on system NORSOK standard system driven work scope in place
- Record, analyses, and record project cost risks
- Update the construction yard BOQ system and supervise the re?measurement process
- Carried out re?measurement process guided by RICS guideline and preambles.
- Attend the regular yard commercial meetings
Analyse and Reporting
- Generate the shipyard project dashboard by monthly basis to project controls manager (based on contract value and status of re?measurement and variation orders)
- Prepare detailed project cost analysis to identify and explain the variance and area of concern to project controls managers
- Supporting project close?out of contracts and final cost negotiation to the management
- Prepare project lesson learnt list within cost and schedule
- A bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying from a recognized university
- Minimum of at least 8 years’ experience in project controls, cost control, cost engineering or commercial role in the oil and gas industry, preferably with FPSO projects
- Familiar with international standards
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess Strong Contract and Project management skill sets
- Experienced in leading a team of QS