Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Lead Quality EPC-3 CLPG & CCSL to work for Mega LNG Onshore Project. This is a 2 years residential contract to be based in Qatar with possible extension up to 5 years.
- The NFE Onshore EPC 3 Lead Quality coordinates effective implementation of the project quality requirements for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning in readiness for handover (EPC) Contractor at their Qatar Home office and at Ras Laffan Site.
- Responsible for implementing quality systems and maintaining a close working and reporting relationship with the Head of Quality Division EPC 1/2/3/4 (Early Const /Fabrication) for the execution of project work associated with the NFXP.
- Lead Quality is responsible for coordinating the implementation of construction quality surveillance programs and providing direction to PMT site QC Inspection personnel.
Reporting and Relationships:
Reports to the Head of Quality EPC 3 with day-to-day interaction and regular interfaces with construction personnel and field engineers.
Position is a full-time, residential site quality position based at the NFXP Onshore facility in Ras Laffan Qatar.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Drive’s company safety culture project wide.
- Demonstrates visible safety behaviour
- Provides support and direction to EPC contractors/subcontractors/vendors.
- Good understanding of Quality requirements for Tanks & Rundown lines and supporting facilities.
- Familiar with project understanding project specifications
- Support the capture and closure of project risks.
- Review and assist contractor Audit planning
- Review and comment against contractor’s plan’s and procedures
- Attends Kick-off meeting and PIM’s.
- Review of fabrication and erection and testing requirements.
- Monitors the effective oversight of Contractors construction surveillance/quality efforts and supports Engineering and Procurement surveillance programs.
- Conducts Company Construction Quality Verification (inspections) in accordance with approved I & TP
- Check’s completeness and correctness of I & TP check sheets and deliverables.
- Reviews and provides comments to Contractor's Project Quality Plans & procedures
- Reviews and provides comments to Contractor's quality audit schedules
- Interfaces with the Flawless and Preservation team
- Conducts and records project-specific quality orientation & training
- Interfaces with Contractor and provides feedback on material preservation
- Applies extensive hands-on, industry-based experience & knowledge to promote, & establish and implement existing systems, processes & procedures within a structured quality framework
- Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation Request, Non-conformance Request, Corrective Action Reports, etc.
- Conducts Construction Assessments (CA) to verify Contractor’s quality management system and project specification compliance.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality at project & functional level
- The Lead Quality must exhibit a high degree of computer literacy & coordination skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealing with all parties and communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written reporting
- Provides input to COMPANY Lessons Learned process.
- Report input to Head of Site Quality on quality performance metrics and KPI’s related to QA/QC activities.
- Review quality documentations/record such as Quality Plans, ITP’s and other Contractor’s deliverable as directed by Head of Quality-EPC 2
- Drive continuous project Improvements
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- 15 years’ experience associated with Quality Control & coordination of quality activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry. At least 7 years in lead / supervisory role.
- Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree in Mechanical, Materials or Science.
Knowledge and Key Skills :
- Experience with multi-national contractors, those involved in Piping fabrication yards and construction of LNG Onshore facilities
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major engineering & construction projects with specific experience on quality activities related to Piping prefabrication, welding & NDE, painting yards and preservation efforts.
- Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interfaces issues
- Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
Technical and Business Skills:
- A thorough knowledge of codes and standards in relation to site construction and working within a structured Quality Management System
- Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgement & responsibility