Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Lead Quality EPC-2 LOT N-N3 LNG Tanks to work for Mega LNG Onshore Project. This is a 2 years residential contract to be based in Qatar with possible extension up to 5 years.
- The NFE Onshore Lead Quality coordinates effective implementation of the project quality requirements for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor at their Qatar Home office and at Ras Laffan Site.
- Responsible for implementing quality systems and maintaining a close working and reporting relationship with the Head of Quality EPC-2 for the execution of project work associated with the EPC-1.
- Lead Quality is responsible for coordinating the implementation of construction quality surveillance programs and providing direction to PMT site QC Inspection personnel.
Reporting and Relationships:
- Reports to the Head of Quality EPC-2 with day-to-day interaction with construction personnel and field engineers.
- Position is a full-time, residential quality position based at the NFE Onshore facility in Ras Laffan Qatar.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
- The operating environment is dynamic and challenging, requiring a high degree of personal and organizational commitment
- Flexible time management is important when working in a site Construction team environment
- Positional boundary set by the approved Project Organization Charts
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Drive’s company safety culture project wide.
- Provides support and direction to EPC contractors.
- Good understanding of line testing requirements
- Monitors the effective oversight of Contractors construction surveillance/quality efforts and supports Engineering and Procurement surveillance programs.
- Conducts Company Construction Quality Verification (inspections) in accordance with approved I&TP
- Checks completeness and correctness of I&TP check sheets and deliverables.
- Reviews and provides comments to Contractor's Project Quality Plans & procedures
- Reviews and provides comments to Contractor's quality audit schedules
- Conducts and records project-specific quality orientation & training
- Interfaces with Contractor and provides feedback on material preservation
- Applies extensive hands-on, industry-based experience & knowledge to promote, & establish and implement existing systems, processes & procedures within a structured quality framework
- Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation Request, Non-conformance Request, Corrective Action Reports, etc.
- Conducts Construction Assessments (CA) to verify Contractor’s quality management system and project specification compliance.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality at project & functional level
- The Lead Quality must exhibit a high degree of computer literacy & coordination skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealing with all parties and communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written reporting
- Provides input to COMPANY Lessons Learned process.
- Report input to Head of Quality-on-quality performance metrics and KPI’s related to QA/QC activities.
- Review quality documentations/record such as Quality Plans , ITP’s and other Contractor’s deliverable as directed by Head of Quality
- Good understanding of construction and commissioning process activities.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- 15 years’ experience associated with Quality Control & coordination of quality activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry. At least 7 years in lead / supervisory role.
- Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree in Mechanical, Materials or Science.
Knowledge and Key Skills:
- Experience with multi-national contractors, in particular those involved in construction of LNG Onshore facilities
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major engineering & construction projects
- Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interfaces issues
- Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
Technical and Business Skills:
- A thorough knowledge of codes and standards in relation to site construction and working within a structured Quality Management System
- Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgement & responsibility