Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Lead QA/QC (Sub-Sea Structures) to work for major offshore project (Offshore Brownfield & Greenfield scope). This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar (site base – Ras Laffan) with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
- Ensures effective implementation of the Company Project Management Systems (GPMS) through managing the implementation of the Project Quality Plan, Quality Processes to achieve the Project Quality Objectives.
- Assures through Quality monitoring and measurement the implementation of QGPMS & EPCI Contract Quality Requirements, Leading Quality Audit Programs, Quality Surveillance and Quality Self-Assessments.
- To provide continuous support, coordination, advice and Daily/Weekly Reporting to the North Field Expansion Offshore Head of QA/QC Pipelines on quality issues concerning PMT discipline execution and the oversight of onshore Contractors/Suppliers.
- To develop necessary Quality Procedures, Plans, Work Instructions and provides quality support and guidance to the NFXP Offshore Onshore PMT.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation of quality surveillance tools and supervises development and maintenance of quality plans that provide direction and guidance to Quality Assurance Coordinators, practitioners, and Pipelines Quality Teams.
- Reports to: NFXP Offshore Head of QA/QC Pipelines.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Supervises the implementation of the Project Quality Management System and Project Quality Plan providing quality planning input for the Head of QA/QC Pipelines in the process.
- Responsible to lead the Pipelines sub-sea structures QA/QC Team on a daily basis to assure achievement of Project Quality Objectives through the Project Quality Plan, Surveillance Programs and ITP’s.
- Ensures implementation of the Project Quality Audit, Surveillance, SDR, NCR, Deficiency and other Project QA/QC Processes, Tools, Reports and Deliverables in line with QGPMS/CPQ’s.
- Coordinating the quality management activities of Pipelines sub-sea structures QA/QC team and maintaining interfaces between PMT’s and EPCI QA/QC Team to ensure a consistent, effective Quality approach across the Project; monitors Contractors quality performance, provides, and distributes surveillance metrics as described in the QMS Control Procedures.
- Ensures the implementation of project-specific quality training and orientation; provides direction to the Pipelines Project QA/QC Team in their daily Roles and Tasks.
- Implements and supervises the PMT Audit Schedule and stewards audit findings to resolution and closure.; reviewing and commenting on Contractor's schedule(s) for internal and external technical and quality audits, and the plans for each audit; ensuring PMT reviews and, as required, approves quality deliverables of Contractor and suppliers (e.g., plans, Criticality Ratings, Inspection and Test Plans).
- Monitors and Reports Quality KPIs to measure and improve Quality Performance. Prepares and gains Head of QA/QC Pipelines approval of Weekly and Monthly Quality Reports.
- Checks that the Pipelines Contractor’s engineering and designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance; verify compliance with the Contract and fitness for purpose of the delivered Phases of Pipeline Design, Construction, Installation and Completions.
- Support NFXP Offshore Pipelines & Cables Package Manager in monitoring the contractor’s progress ; support respective NFXP Offshore Pipelines Managers in delivery of Quality for the Project; coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with respect to the disciplines involved in Quality aspects of the Project.
Person Specification – Minimum Requirements
- Preferred BSc in Engineering or equivalent significant experience, preferred Diploma in Quality Assurance from a recognized Quality Institute or equivalent and/or IRCA ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Accreditation & Valid ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certificate.
- Preferred CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector with ISO 9712 NDE Qualifications.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Demonstrated over 8 years of experience in the Role of Quality Supervision of offshore Oil and Gas Topsides facilities.
- Shall have a proven track record or deliverance in challenging project environments in a Senior Quality role.
- Demonstratable, successful quality completions of International Offshore Pipelines Projects from FEED to Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, and Handover activities.
- More than 5 years’ experience in the development and delivery of External & Internal Audit Programs along with Quality Surveillance Programs.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical, management, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
Technical and Business Skills:
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications