Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Lead Process Hot Section to work for multi-billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based in EPC location (either Paris or Japan) with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
Responsible for overseeing EPC Hot Section process design and delivery of all aspects of detailed design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Provides Process engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Process team design in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of Process engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advices and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Project Management System (PMS).
- Manages EPC Contractor's Process engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 20 years’ experience as a senior Process Engineering with a broad knowledge of Engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- At least 5 years experience with gas treating (Acid Gas removal, Sulfur Recovery, gas/condensate/water separation, water stripping, condensate stablization)
- EPC detailed design experience with large O&G facilities
- Commissioning and Start-up experience highly desirable