Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Lead Planner – Business Support Team to work for Multi-Billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based initially in Qatar with possible relocation to EPC Site Office.
The Lead Planner for the Business Support Team is responsible for the integration of NFXP Onshore Project EPC schedules and all aspects of Progress Measurement, monitoring, verification and reporting. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall EPC schedule including putting in place the EPC progress measurement system, monitoring, verification and reporting.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the NFXP Onshore Project.
- Reviews EPC Contractor’s project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that Company’s requirements are met.
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
- Advises Project Controls Head and NFE Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Reviews and checks EPC Contractor’s progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by EPC Contractor.
- Reviews and endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecasts prepared by EPC Contractor.
- Analyzes schedule and progress trends reported by EPC Contractor.
- Supports PMT with ongoing project schedule and progress analysis, reporting and forecasting activities. Periodically updates NFXP Onshore Level 1 schedule to incorporate schedule updates from various EPC packages.
- Develops and maintains overall project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope. Periodically monitors interfaces that are common to multiple EPC packages and liaise with project teams to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Scheduling and Reporting, including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators.
- Ensure PMT and Contractors are working towards the correct priorities and schedules have clear Critical Path & Sub Critical Paths to allow for timely sequenced start-up of the facilities as defined in the NFXP Management Control Schedule.
- Reviews productivity frequently to ensure Contractor can achieve the plan and advises when slippages are seen in Productivity Factor (PF) or Schedule Performance Index (SPI).