Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 60 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by LNG Canada Development Inc. Located at 400 4th Avenue SW Box 100, Station M Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5 to recruit for the position of Lead Piping SME Specialist
Location: The initial on boarding may occur in Calgary but the primary work is in Kitimat, BC
Pay Range: $50.00 per hour – $135.00 per hour dependent on work experience and education.
NET Retention Bonus: 20% of your straight time hours will be paid at end of each year. (No overtime hours)
Benefits: Camp and or housing provided. One business class trip per year to base country provided
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, with potential for additional hours during start up
Term of Employment: Full-time
Purpose & Accountabilities:
This key role is for an experienced technologist / tradesperson or engineer with proven experience in LNG facilities who will scope and develop detailed work procedures and instructions as part of the TA Maintenance planning required in preparation for the 1st LNG TA (planned to happen in the 1st half of 2025) as well as all contingency mechanical plans for the high probability “Big Hits” scenarios that may affect / disrupt the production thru the commissioning and until the moment when we achieve the 200 cargoes milestone.
The role should provide execution leadership, support, coaching and mentoring to the local maintenance personnel (own and contractors) for all jobs related to static equipment (piping and pressure vessels) that may be required until the 200 cargoes milestone is achieved.
Responsible for assisting site maintenance programs for Preventative Maintenance (PM), Spare parts, Policies, Procedures, Practices and Guidelines, and daily technical needs of the operating site within the discipline.
The purpose of this Specialist is to create maintenance plans which are accurate in scope, timing, costs and HSSE aspects as well as to train the local staff on its safely execution.
- Ensure that critical pieces of equipment are managed with detailed work instructions or procedures to ensure plant reliability.
- Supports creation of TA related Maintenance documentation.
- Sitewide documentation control, all maintenance practices, procedures, and guidelines and managing the Sitewide TA Maintenance.
- Ensure alignment with the (AMS-MEC) process - Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) process.
- Work within and drive the turnaround business processes of AMS – Execute Turnarounds (TA) within site.
- Supports MTL’s in craft competency assessments and training development if needed.
- Update Maintenance Plans & Task Lists for all TA maintenance planning requirements as requested.
- Provides guidance for efficient and effective execution of the required scope by identifying a logical sequence of job tasks.
- Risks (safety, environment and costs) are identified and mitigated to ALARP (As Low as Reasonably Practicable).
- Identifies task description, required resources, materials, services, tools, duration and cost estimate of each task and provides guidance for efficient and effective scheduling and execution.
- Materials and services are identified and/or requested in planning to minimize impact of cost as well as delivery times on the schedule.
- Consistent with the established site standards and in line with QA/QC and permit work expectations. Personal and process safety factors are included when determining method(s) of execution.
- Discusses all complex, e.g., multi-trade, high effort, high value, and safety critical corrective maintenance work with the maintenance and production team to improve the quality of the work pack as requested.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years’ of proven LNG experience as a Technologist / Journeyman or field engineering within static equipment related applicable disciplines (pipefitting, boiler making, Heat Exchangers (cryogenic and TEMA), LNG specific pressure vessels internals repairs and cat change out)
- Skill / Expert in codes and standards, practices, and technologies within specific discipline.
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Stakeholder Engagements
- Strong leadership, decision making, mentorship, coaching and communication skills.
- Can manage evolving priorities and deliver on multiple commitments in a timely manner.
- Competency Assurance
- Experienced with Computerized Materials Management Systems (Blueprint) & other work platforms such as Microsoft Office etc.
- Experience with technical writing an asset
- Ability to communicate in English
- Support LNGC organization; Maintenance, Turnaround, Ops, Engineering, Technology, HSSE within their specified disciplines
- Reports to the Site Planning & Specialists Supervisor.
- Coach Sitewide - technicians, Contractors and MTL’s.
- Interacts with Internal Stakeholders, Vendors, other Departments and Function Leaders.
- Provide updates to Site TA Planning Specialists and Supervisors and Internal Stakeholders.
- Operations Maintenance Coordinator
- Maintenance Team Lead
- Craft Team Member (Technicians)
- Other specialists
To Apply for this position please apply online or email
Danielle Moraes at firstname.lastname@example.org t: +1 403 532 9260