Airswift is hiring for Lead Mechanical Engineer for one of our client to be located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We are looking for candidate strong in EPCI Offshore CPP topside, FPU topside as well with Offshore Design Experience in Australia water projects.
- Perform conceptual, FEED, and detailed analysis and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions that are reliable and cost effective for problems and challenges when they arise.
- Apply expertise to the most complex problems.
- Manage own time to meet objectives, and (as Lead Engineer) forecast and plan resource requirements.
- Develop and manage plans to achieve business objectives.
- Clearly communicate and explain highly complex ideas and anticipate potential objections, influencing outcomes.
- When acting as a lead engineer, in addition:
- Direct large Mechanical Engineering team as a Lead Engineer.
- Lead the Discipline engineering design of the assigned work area and complete within planned schedule and budget, in accordance with standards, and project-specific procedures and to a high professional standard.
- Plan, organize and direct all aspects of Discipline execution on the assigned project including scope, deliverables, schedule and all manpower resources - agree allocations with the Discipline Manager.
- Ensure interfaces and deliverables are clearly identified.
- Maintain responsibility for progress and productivity, identifying any required corrective action.
- Act as project representative for the Discipline during meetings with Project Team, Customer discipline lead and relevant agencies such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.
- Become fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable and taking appropriate initiatives to address the issues. Interpret contractual requirements as they relate to engineering execution.
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates. ‘
- Provide similar support for Variation Orders. Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs. Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Maintain close coordination with other engineering disciplines, Planning, Fabrication, Marine, and Project Management Team, as required.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
- Prepare estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and manhour estimates, identifying software requirements and any other project-specific requirements.
- Raise technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope, and to maintain preferred company’s procedures, specifications, standards, practices and operational requirements.
- Prepare, review, and (as Lead Engineer) approve Discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, and technical specifications
- Participate in finalizing deliverables lists and deliverables, ensuring compliance with specifications and functional integrity.
- Review project schedule and fabrication schedule in relation to construction sequence, milestones, and engineering scope.
- Attend project kickoff and review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings and offshore site surveys, as required.
- Provide technical direction and review of Designers producing products related to Structural Engineering.
- Prepare, review, and (as Lead Engineer) approve design reports and procedures.
- Assist in providing necessary design inputs to other disciplines to enable them in proceeding with their deliverables.
- Assist procurement personnel in procuring Discipline equipment, materials and services; ensuring that work produced complies with Customer objectives and procedures. Procurement assistance includes preparing, reviewing, and (as Lead Engineer) approving requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer. • Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information.
- Review and (as Lead Engineer) approve vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
- Review and (as Lead Engineer) approve design verification through single-discipline check / inter discipline check (IDC).
- Provide technical support to fabrication queries, including identifying defect / rectification requirements.
- Keep the Discipline Manager and Project Management Team apprised of all activities and concerns, technical, budgetary and manpower related.
- Assist in providing inputs for actual, planning and forecasting progress reports including associated productivity.
- Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
- Assist the team with responses to Customer and other agencies (such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.) on their review and approval.
- 18+ yrs in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or in similar Engineering field.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Detailed knowledge of design techniques and analysis methods, and detailed knowledge of the theory, content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for offshore.
- Knowledgeable in project coordination and execution skills. Recognized across company as a key lead, highly innovative designer, or highly skilled analyst. •
- Preferably Registered Professional Engineer or member of professional engineering society. Desired/Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive EPCI Offshore CPP topside experience a must
- Sound FPU topside experience an advantage
- Offshore design experience in Australian waters preferred
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be in touched.