Airswift has been tasked by one of its key clients to find an experienced Lead Mechanic to join their team on a contract assignment, working in Hoboken, NJ.
- The lead mechanic will supervise maintenance in the field, assist in completing CM/ PdM and PM work.
- Be a technical expert and help develop and train the staff and implement best practices.
- Give assistance in subcontractor oversight for the Hoboken and West New York facility.
- Verify that parts for corrective maintenance are available and that a full plan to execute and complete the CM are laid out and relayed to the associates that will be assisting or performing repairs.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Able to lead, manage, and schedule the maintenance department workload and balance day to day Preventative Maintenance and Corrective maintenance effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with electrical testing (voltage and amperage) and the ability to make minor repairs, disconnect motors (verify 0 voltage) and reconnect / bump test for correct rotation.
- Able to organize and keep inventory of spare parts.
Must be familiar and proficient with Preventative Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance practices including but not limited to:
- Vibration analysis (basic testing) certification is not a requirement but may be asked to try and attain certification.
- Oil changes
- IR Thermography (basic knowledge) certification is not a requirement but may be asked to try and attain certification.
- Impeller clearance and runout inspections
- Motor / pulley alignment
- Troubleshooting a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment on site.
- Ability to function and perform effectively as a manager and supervisor.
- CMMS programs.
- Pump Alignment.
- Mechanical Seal replacement.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems
- Basic machine shop knowledge (pressing out bearing, changing shaft sleeves, pump rebuilding in general)
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic / compressor systems
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Basic PLC / control knowledge
- Basic knowledge of wastewater treatment would be a plus
- Any reliability certifications or special certifications (CMRT, CMRP, ASE, CRL, ARP,etc.) preferred.
- Any trade certifications would be a plus.