Our client is seeking a Lead Drilling Consultant to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM, for a 12-month assignment.
The candidates will execute the safe and efficient drilling operation for wells. Also responsible for working closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to arrive at the most feasible and cost-effective operations for the asset.
- Has the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected. Ensure that all operations are planned and carried out in accordance with safe operational procedures and good drilling practices as well as Client’s policies and procedures.
- Manage drilling rig operations.
- Provides support to Well Site Supervisors regarding daily activities on the rig including safety, training, and personnel.
- Supervise and guide a team of Field Drilling Superintendents (if those positions are required), including troubleshooting, cost tracking, and forward planning.
- Support investigations and follow-up on accidents and incidents arising from well site operations.
- Support and advocate open, honest and respectful communications and continuous improvement. Promote/support a culture of involvement and participation by all parties concerned.
- Identify opportunities for better application of drilling technology and methodology to optimize operations and/or decrease drilling costs and timing efficiencies.
- Work closely with and support multi-disciplinary teams of professionals (HES, Completions, Subsurface, Facilities, Production, Supply Chain, Land, Regulatory, etc.) in execution of drilling projects.
- Capture and implement lessons learned.
- The person in this role will be expected to spend 75% of his work time in the office and 25% in the field in a full-time role.
- Minimum of 10 years of drilling experience in various environments.
- Experience in US Land Resource Plays. Permian experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of diligence and attention to detail working with very high technical standards.
- Engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years of Drilling Engineering experience.
- 5+ years of field-based drilling experience.