Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Lead Civil Structural Engineer to work in their facilities located in The Hague, Netherlands under a year contract (potentially renewable).
You have excellent leadership skills in engineering with ability to handle complex multi-office projects;
• You are also a hands-on engineer that can do calculations and check work from others;
• You have onshore brownfield petrochemical experience in both steel and concrete and are proficient with STAAD;
• You have been carrying the responsibility for the project success and feel comfortable in providing guidance and strong direction for the entire CSA team;
• Planning and managing the work comes naturally for you including managing the financial aspects of the discipline, man-hour estimates and margin goals;
• You are an excellent communicator and you have strong co-ordination skills and you can work as an efficient team with Project Management and other disciplines, both within the company and that of the client;
• You have a demonstrated experience in handling (5+) teams spread across several locations (experience with workshare);
• You like to keep track of the latest technologies and you get a kick out of developing and implementing these technologies and methods to improve the efficiency, accuracy and productivity of the department;
• You have a strong sense of responsibility and you ensure that the quality management system is being followed (including any special contractual requirements);
• Health and safety is nr #1 for you and you take personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, of course you demonstrate this by example
• You are somebody that is flexible to travel intra- and inter-continentally on a regular basis
Minimum bachelor’s degree in civil engineering qualification.
• Candidates shall be (or become) VCA VOL certified
• Adequate knowledge of Euro Codes and local annexes
• Extensive brown field experience. Site experience.
• 5 to 15 years experience from which 5+years’ experience is in onshore petrochemical
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.