Airswift is looking for a Lead Civil/ Structural/ Architectural Engineer to work at an Oil and Gas company in Bangkok, Thailand for a project in Rayong.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to all staff engaged on the project.
- Plan and Implement the Civil, Structural and Architectural Engineering activities on projects
- To mentor, coach and train staff in work processes and values to have consistency across projects.
- Preparation of Deliverable list & Schedule, Man-hour estimate and Progress report
- Plan and identify resource requirements in consultation with Engineering Manager.
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of Civil and Structural engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Engineering Manager/Project Manager.
- Reviewing engineering calculations and reports prepared in Staad Pro.
- Review structural designs that is most suitable for the intended purpose and that suits to the functional requirement of other disciplines and meet customer needs.
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs.
- Visit site during construction and understand improvements needed in design
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
- The engineer is accountable for technical integrity of Civil, Structural and Architectural engineering activities,
- Reviewing and maintaining deliverables (including, but not limited to Drawings, Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO’s, Work volumes) in accordance with industry and COMPANY’s codes and standards
- Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector in analysis, design and detailing of steel and RC structures
- Well versed in the use of software like Staad Pro, Navisworks
- Must have good working knowledge of local & international codes and standards (ACI, ASCE, AISC, ASTM, API, UBC, BS, OSHA, etc…)
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry