Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Lead Buyer to join them in Schiedam, the Netherlands, on a 1-year (with great possibility of extension) contract.
The Lead Buyer role is key for the success of our FPSO business. He/she is leading all commercial and contractual negotiations to purchase our main strategic packages. He/she excels in stakeholder management and involves as needed key stakeholders of the Company. The main strategic packages are highly technical complex state of the art equipment of high value (5 - 80 million USD), schedule critical and to be purchased mostly in a sellers’ market.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- implement the procurement strategy defined by our Strategic Sourcing Team
- sets the tactics to run the RFQ process, negotiate and purchase equipment in line with budget, schedule and technical project requirements
- ensures a smooth handover of the Purchase Order to the Package Manager
- provides support to manage contractual and commercial deviations during PO execution and up to PO close-out
- Alignment with Category Managers on the package procurement strategy in the WIN phase of a project.
- Lead the negotiations with key suppliers for the main strategic packages.
- Ensure proper communication with internal/external stakeholders to ensure all parties are promptly informed
- Provide a clear Commercial Bid Evaluation and a Recommendation for Purchase
- Provide support and guidance as needed to team members; mentoring staff as needed
- Ensure previous lessons learnt are incorporated and promote continuous improvement by sharing new lessons learnt with relevant disciplines
The measure of your effectiveness in this will be:
- Timely and accurate issuance of deliverables
- In order to lead the tendering process in a fair manner and identify bidders that will best meet our technical requirements, budget and schedule constraints, you are to:
- Understand the commercial/contractual requirements of the equipment/service to be purchased and set the strategy of the RFQ together with the relevant disciplines (ie: Engineering, Category management, Legal & contract)
- Ensure that vendor qualification process is performed as per VQR process.
- Issue request for quotation, expedite and collect offers from bidders
- Analyze the offers and identify areas for commercial or contractual clarifications in order to facilitate discussion with bidders and get offers aligned and in line with Company requirements
- Develop recommendations for the bidder selection based on the input from the relevant disciplines and on the assessment of offered costs, technical requirements and delivery time in accordance with Company Ethics and Compliance rules (eg: competition rules)
- Fully document the tendering process (i.e. commercial bid evaluation, recommendation to purchase)
- Ensure that the tactical management of the procurement process (from RFQ preparation till recommendation to purchase) is conducted appropriately and in full compliance with Company working procedures.
- Number of requests for quotation processed as per plan
- Number of Purchase Orders issued as per plan
- Total time of the full procurement process
- Demonstrated quality of deliverables (ie: commercial bid evaluation, recommendations to purchase)
- In order to lead successful contractual and commercial negotiations with vendors, you are to:
- Set up package strategy with close coordination of Category Manager to lead commercial negotiations, using any possible leverage to achieve your targets and obtain competitive pricing
- Perform financial/commercial analysis (market intelligence, cost breakdown structure, benchmark) of the current scenarios, identify risks and opportunities and recommend options that can drive the final decision to purchase
- Conduct internal contract check points all along the purchase order execution to ensure contractual protections are in place and to minimize contractual /financial risks
- Be responsible for managing any claims with Vendors and develop appropriate settlement
- Clear and accurate financial/commercial analysis provided to internal stakeholders
- In order to contribute to the effectiveness of the global Supply Chain, you are to:
- Get familiarized with deliverables provided by Strategic Sourcing and apply them at best (Group Framework Agreements (GFA), Approved Vendor Lists, benchmark, market analysis)
- Escalate issues with strategic vendors and promote areas for improvement to Group Supply Chain Support package manager and/or operations buyer, Category Managers to enable him/her to perform the overall vendor rating
- Knowledge of existing GFA prior the win phase
- Ability to provide accurate feedback about Strategic Vendors
- Knowledge of your market (vendors, innovations, trends)
- 10+ years of experience in procurement of technical complex/high value packages for EPCI projects in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably in FPSO sector
- Extensive market knowledge of suppliers in the Offshore Oil & Gas business
- Advanced commercial and contractual negotiation skills
- Resilient, used to meet high expectations on quality and deadlines.
- Great team player, strong and humble leader, fast learner, eager to develop and grow in the company.
- Ability to manage internal & external key stakeholders and to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to mentor other Package Buyers by sharing knowledge and experience and facilitate discipline knowledge between the various functions